LOVE COVERS




"Hatred stirs up strife but love covers all sins" (Proverbs 10:12)

Our world is full to the brim of strife and it is agitated and fed by our daily expressions of hate. Hate, itself, grows like a monster ready to consume.  We hate people who think differently.  We hate if they don’t wear masks, we hate if they tell us we should.  We hate if they voted for the other party.  We hate if they victimized us and we hate if they made us feel that we are the victimizers.  I am not spouting any new diatribe.  But just as the monster of strife is stirred up by our hatred; love, as it’s antithesis, covers the sins of strife and defeats the monster of hate. 

Last night I watched the movie, “It’s a beautiful day in the neighborhood.” In the film the character of Mr. Rogers, played brilliantly by Tom Hanks, spoke by phone to reporter Lloyd Vogel.   Mr. Rogers said, “On our program I try to look through the camera into the eyes of a single child.  And try to speak to him or her, trying to be fully present to their feelings and their needs.  Do you know what the most important thing in the world is to me right now?  He told the reporter he was talking to that the most important thing in his world, at that moment was him… “Talking on the telephone to Lloyd Vogel.”    

When the movie started and the character of Mr. Rogers enter the scene, I had a smile in my gut that lit up my face.  Mr. Rogers, one man, took the time to look through the camera and share love on my television to me as a child.  To this day; the memory of that love covered the effects of the angry words and disturbing news of the day.  That was love covering a multitude of sins. 

I don’t want to be a loud voice for change.  I don’t want to be a famous person, a movement leader, written about on the pages of the news or paraded on the cover of a magazine.  I want to be me loving the people in my life, reaching through the microphone daily to the individual person listening or to the friend I sit across from at coffee or the family member I’m watching an evening movie with or the stranger I'm smiling at on the street and love them like they are the most important thing in my world right then.  Because to God they are and that is good enough for me. 

TODAY ON LFS:  We’re talking about the hypocrisy in our news and that in our division we’re missing that we are more alike than different. 

INTERESTING NEWS TODAY:

Burning of Churches, Defacement of Religious Statues Is Rooted in 'Hatred of God,' Eric Metaxas Asserts

STUDY: Dogs Not To Blame For Pandemic...

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: Where's Outrage Over Anti-Semitism in Sports, Hollywood?

MODERNA 'Vaccine' Induced Adverse Reactions In 'More Than Half' Of Trial Participants...

Frustrated by lockdown? Iceland offers to release screams over loudspeaker...

'Say No to Cancel Culture': Man Raises More than $255,000 to Buy Goya Products for Food Banks

Puget Sound traffic returns as coronavirus pandemic continues

Debate over defunding police continues at Seattle City Hall

 


Comments

  1. "Every Day's a Beautiful Day with Michelle in the Morning ... and Michelle in the Afternoon !!"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Sweet Friendship

BAD DOG